Still on my infatuation with pumpkin…this time we’ll be making a pumpkin pie! A personal sized, good for 2-4 servings, piece of a Thanksgiving tradition.
That serving number depends on your desire to share though, and if it is a single serving for you, then that is totally fine too! 😊
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon each of ginger, cloves, and nutmeg)
1 large egg
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1. Line the large or medium bowl of the ELB with parchment cut to fit.
2. For the crust: mix all ingredients together and press onto the prepared bowl. Set aside
3. For the filling: Mix everything in a small bowl until combined. Pour over crust and cover with foil.
4. Place in the ELB base. Add 3 ELB cups of water to the base, cover and let steam until done, about 1 hour.
5. Carefully remove cover and check if pie is done, it should be firm and not jiggly.
6. Cool on a wire rack completely and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
7. Turn out onto a dish, remove parchment paper then invert on a serving dish.
8. Pipe with whipped cream if desired, before serving. (I didn’t have any on hand so I did without.)
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/