I had some left over spaghetti noodles in the fridge when I came across a recipe for Baked Spaghetti. Tweaking the recipe to use what I had in the pantry, I came up with this.
It is easy to make, delicious, and freeze well if needed. I think it will be a good idea to make 2 batches and freeze one for later.
Feel free to add, replace, or substitute the ingredients as you wish. Make it your own by using whatever you want in your dish!
- 16 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef or italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 eggplant, diced (and/or mushrooms)
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat over medium heat making sure to break up the meat very well. Add onions, garlic, seasoning and eggplant(mushroom). Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and tomatoes to meat. Simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered. Stir in spaghetti and parsley.
- Spread into a 9×13 pan, top with cheeses and bake 25-30 minutes or until hot and cheese is browned and bubbly. Cut into squares to serve.