I love Fall! It gets a bit cooler here in Southern California during the last few months of the year (specially at night!) and it’s the perfect time for everything pumpkin, apples, soups, stews, and chili!
Starting September, I start baking a little more and definitely crave something that is “warmer” than a Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips that we usually have – https://athomewiththeresa.com/2020/08/06/banana-bread-2/
So here is the recipe that I made to look like my favorite Starbucks Pumpkin Bread. I usually buy a slice or two when we are on the road and stop by Starbucks. I like it as the seeds on top gives it another layer of texture and the bread itself is moist and flavorful. And totally perfect with coffee!
As I was trying to figure the ingredients while eating one, I can definitely taste the cloves over any other spices. So, even though I give you a range to use half the amount, I always make it with the full 2 teaspoon of cloves.
This is the very reason I make my own food, because I can tailor it to how I like it. I also happen to like pepitas so I just covered the top of the batter with pumpkin seeds until I do not see the batter anymore. You can definitely use less, or omit it completely if you do not like it.
This recipe uses oil instead of butter as I always have enough oil in the pantry, but sometimes just a pat of butter in the fridge. It is also so that the pumpkin and the flavor of the spices shine through.
I hope you like this recipe as much as my family does. It makes 2 big loaves so that you have enough to share with those near and dear. Happy Fall my dears!!
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pureed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup whole Pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 big loaf pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine white sugar,
3. Brown sugar,
6. pureed pumpkin,
7. and water.
8. Stir together until combined.
9. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour,
10. baking soda,
12. ground cloves,
13. pumpkin pie spice,
14. and ground nutmeg.
15. Stir together using a wire whisk to mix evenly.
16. Pour dry mixture into wet mixture and stir together. Stir just until everything is mixed together. Do not over mix.
17. Divide batter evenly into prepared loaf pans.
18. Sprinkle whole pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) over the top of batter. I like to use a lot – enough to cover the top completely.
19. Bake at 350F for about an hour, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
20. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
21. Slice thickly and enjoy! 🍂🍁 🎃