Happy New Year everyone!
Totally late and I apologize for not posting in a long time! It’s hard to find time now that everyone is so busy!
Thank you to my wonderful reader Joyce Ciotti for asking for this recipe! I had it typed up and almost ready to post so, here you go!! I hope you’ll like it!
Perfect as a side for any Indian inspired meal, used in a sandwich wrap, or even eaten plain, these naan breads are a breeze to make!
I had purchased my first naan bread frozen from Trader Joe’s. It was smeared in garlic butter and only required heating it up or toasting it before serving. It was so good!
I had read somewhere that they sometimes stuff these with Laughing Cow cheeses so since I had it in the refrigerator, I ate some with cheese and some plain. Both were so good I couldn’t stop eating it!
I love making breads and baking in general so I thought it was time I make my own naan. I found several recipes and tried a couple of it.
Here is a recipe that uses the Thermomix to make the naan with hardly any effort on your part. Don’t worry, there is instruction on how to make it without the Thermomix right below!
Hope you’ll enjoy it!
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
Look at the heart shaped char on the bread!
For the naan:
- 450 grams unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 30 grams Olive oil or Canola oil
- 190 grams warm water
- 90 grams Greek yogurt
- Ghee or garlic butter to brush on bread
- Cheese, optional
- Place all ingredients for the naan bread into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 6 seconds on speed 5.
- Set to Knead for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Leave dough in the bowl, with the measuring cup in place, at room temperature for at least 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Roll dough into sausage shape and divide into 6 even portions. You can use the thermomix’s scale function to weigh the dough and divide it into 6, to get evenly sized dough balls. Roll each portion into a thin, oval shape.
- Place dough onto a hot, ungreased grill or fry pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side then flip to cook the other side.
- Brush with ghee or garlic flavored butter. Serve plain or stuff with cheese.
* To make without the Thermomix:
Place all ingredients for the naan bread in a large mixing bowl and mix using a wooden spoon or spatula until it comes together. Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Return to the mixing bowl. Cover with plastic warp and let rest at least an hour, or until doubled in size. Continue with procedure #4 to #6.