I’m back after not posting for a long time. Have you tried a beautiful, green colored Pistachio Cake?
My coworker (Jonnielyn Rivera) shared this super easy recipe with me a few years ago and I just had to adapt it to the ELB! It did take some time because I sometimes ended up with a cake that is too dense or tasteless, because of the amount of pudding. After a few tries, I think I finally nailed it. 😊 Look at the crumb of this cake in the photo below! Light yet moist and flavorful! 😋
And so here is an easy to make yet delicious recipe to try if you have time. All you’ll need is a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up a box of yellow cake mix, a little box of pistachio pudding mix, a bit of sour cream, an egg, some canola oil, and some water!
I hope you’ll try out and of course, I do hope that you’ll like it!
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the ELB!
See and order Itaki’s products here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1 cup yellow cake mix
3 tablespoons Pistachio Pudding Mix
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 ELB cups water for the base
1. Spray the big or medium ELB bowl with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, place the yellow cake mix,
3. pudding mix,
4. sour cream,
7. and egg.
8. mix well until blended.
9. Pour into the prepared ELB bowl. Cover with foil.
10. Place bowl in the ELB base, pour 3 ELB cups of water in the base, cover and let steam until it shuts off, about 55 minutes.
11. Carefully open the ELB and check the cake for doneness by inserting a skewer in the middle. It should come out clean.
12. Cool completely on a wire rack.
13. Carefully unmold the cake and serve.