Finally, I was able to write this article. I hope you all will like it!
Tesla. Elon Musk. Bitcoin…..Chocolate Chip Cookies???
A few weeks ago, while on one of my rare break times at work, I came across this article about a Chocolate Chip Cookie that allegedly made Elon Musk go back for seconds. Wait, what? Did I read that right?
So of course, I read the whole article. The baker’s boyfriend works at Space X, and his desk is near Elon Musk’s office. So when the cookies were seen, he asked the bodyguard to get some. And then more.
I just wanted to go home and try the recipe she shared after I was done reading the article. But of course, I had to finish work before leaving.
So, a few hours later, I was able to prepare it. Lucky for me, ingredients for chocolate chip cookies are always in my pantry. 😊
I doubled the recipe so that I could share, and made it in the Thermomix so that it came together really fast.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks
1. Place the butter in a bowl. You can use a stand mixer or a hand held one. I used the Thermomix to make life easier.
2. Add the brown sugar,
3. And the white sugar. Mix together over low speed for 3 minutes.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the vanilla extract,
6. And the egg (eggs in the photo as I doubled the recipe).
7. Mix for about 15 seconds, low speed.
8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
9. Stir in the flour,
10. Baking soda,
11. And salt into the butter mixture.
12. Mix on low speed for 10-15 seconds, until just combined.
13. See the texture on the photo above.
14. Add in the chocolate chips, (love Trader Joe’s chocolate chips!)
15. And stir until incorporated.
16. Transfer dough into a container with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
17. Next day, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat. Preheat oven to 350F.
18. Drop 2 tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared sheets.
19. Leave 2 inches of space between the dough balls as these spread out a bit.
*You can also scoop the dough, place it on the sheets, touching is fine, and freeze them. When frozen, transfer to a freezer bag and bake as needed. See above photo.*
20. Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are golden, but the middle is still soft.
21. Slide the parchment or silicone mats directly onto the counter and cool for a few minutes. When set, about 5 minutes, transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Or enjoy cookies while they’re warm and gooey!
One thought on “Chocolate Chip Cookies (the Elon Musk one)”