I love food…any food…but lately have been craving Chinese/Asian food (anybody notice?) and been busy cooking a lot of them.
This time, it’s Lettuce Wraps! I recently got an Ankarsrum mixer and also bought the complete grinder/blender/citrus juicer combo. Not that I needed more gadgets, but I figured it’s worth it if can grind my own meat to just the size I need it.
So I got some chicken breasts today at Stater Bro’s with my mom after her doctor’s appointment and when I got home started my holiday baking (Alfajores Peruanos and Bacardi Rum cake – also baked 3 Butterfly Pea Sourdough with Toasted Oats and Einkorn at 6 am to bring to my mom) then ground some of the chicken to make Chicken Lettuce Wraps! Whew! So much for a day off!
And here is the recipe! It is delicious! Happy to say it all worked out (the mountain of dishes and utensils to wash too!) and I’m done, just need to type this up!
I hope you try this recipe out! Low carb people, here is a recipe for you! ❤️
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1/2 cup ground chicken
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger (I used 1/2t, I like ginger!)
1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
3 button mushrooms, diced
2-3 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
Dash of ground pepper
3 ELB cups water for the base
1. In the big ELB bowl, place chicken, olive oil, garlic, ginger, and onions.
2. Next add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and red wine vinegar.
3. Then add the mushrooms and water chestnuts. Sprinkle with some ground black pepper.
4. Mix everything together until well blended. Do not pack it in the bowl. Lift and loosen up the meat after mixing.
5. Cover with foil and place in the ELB. Add 3 ELB cups of water to the base, cover and let steam until it shuts off, around 1 hour.
6. Carefully open the ELB and check the meat for doneness. This is how it’ll look like after steaming.
7. Mix and break up the meat into little pieces.
8. Serve with washed lettuce leaves. Enjoy!