Good morning everyone!
After posting the Jiffy Spoon bread recipe for the ELB, I got a few requests for a “from scratch” recipe as Jiffy is not readily available where they live. I had that problem once in a while too, so I am more than happy to accommodate that request.
The texture if this is not as soft as the spoon bread recipe, but it is close. I hope you try it both and decide which one you like better!
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the ELB!
See and order Itaki’s products here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cornmeal
3 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup canned creamed corn
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
3 ELB cups water for the base
1. Spray the big ELB bowl with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, place sour cream,
4. Canola oil,
4. Creamed corn,
6. Baking powder, and sugar.
7. Stir everything together until just mixed.
8. Pour into prepared bowl and level the tops.
9. Cover with foil and set on the ELB base. Pour 3 ELB cups water in the base, cover, and let steam until it shuts off, about 1 hour.
10. Carefully open the ELB and check the bread for doneness by inserting a skewer in the middle. It should have little moist crumbs attached to it.
11. Cool for a few minutes on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate and serve warm.