Bananas Foster Cheesecake! Minus the flame as I had never done it, so it’s still scary for me to light up my food and watch the flames dance on it. 😊
This cheesecake has bananas in it too so you get to taste a hint of it, but together with the caramelized sugar and bananas ever so slightly toasted in butter…pure heaven in every bite!
Making it in the ELB makes sure you only get a small portion, not too much, so that there is no need to summon much will power. 😊
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the ELB!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
Ingredients for the crust:
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional
Ingredients for the filling:
1 bar (8oz) cream cheese
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 small banana
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
Ingredients for the topping:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 banana, sliced
1 tablespoon Bacardi rum
1. For the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs,
2. Butter, and brown sugar (if using) together.
3. Place in the big ELB bowl. You can line the bottom with a parchment paper, cut to fit, to make it easier to remove the cheesecake later. You can also add parchment paper slings to make it even easier.
4. Press the mixture down with a spoon. Set aside.
5. Make the filling: In a bowl, place the cream cheese,
6. and brown sugar.
7. Beat well with a hand mixer until mixed.
8. In a small bowl, mash the banana for the filling.
9. I use a fork and just press down on the bananas until they look like this.
10. Add the mashed bananas to the cream cheese mixture.
11. Add the vanilla,
13. And egg.
14. Beat everything together until well mixed.
15. Pour over the prepared crust and smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
16. Cover with foil and place in the ELB base. Add 3 ELB cups of water to the base, cover and let steam until it shuts off, about an hour.
17. Carefully open the ELB and set the cheesecake aside to cool while you make the topping.
18. Melt butter in a small saucepan.
19. Sprinkle the brown sugar over.
20. Add the cinnamon next.
21. Cook over medium low heat until it melts completely.
22. Place the banana slices on the mixture.
23. Lower heat and cook for a couple of minutes, flipping the bananas over once.
24. Pour the Bacardi rum over and let it heat for a few seconds.
25. Remove cheesecake from the bowl and place on a serving plate.
26. Pour the caramelized bananas over the cheesecake.
27. Serve and enjoy!