These make amazingly delicious cookies! I already had a staple recipe for chocolate chip cookies (The Original Toll House recipe of course!) but, like I mentioned before, I love to experiment. I am so glad I did, as this just might be my new favorite!
I made the dough twice, using half of the ingredients for each. One batch was made using sugar free chocolate chips, sugar and brown sugar substitute, sprouted spelt flour and added walnuts. The other half was all regular ingredients, without nuts.
Funny thing is, the sugar free version looked a lot prettier! Enjoy both!
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1 cup butter, cut into pieces
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla paste
3 cups flour, remove 2 tablespoons of flour and replace with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars for around 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating for about 1 minute.
4. Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. When a dough forms, stir in chocolate chips.
6. Measure 1/4 cup dough and form into balls, pull them apart and place the halves next to each other, torn side up. Press together to adhere, then place on the cookie sheet, 12 dough balls per sheet. Or make smaller ones using a tablespoon of dough for each.
7. Bake 10 – 12 minutes, just until set and very lightly browned. Rotate cookie sheets, top to bottom and front to back, halfway through baking.
8. Cool on the cookie sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Or even just enough to not burn your tongue and enjoy! These are absolutely amazing warm when the chocolate chips are still gooey and soft! Yum!
8. Makes about 2 dozens.
Wow! These look sooo good! Nothing beats the classic chocolate chip cookies. :):)
Right? I love chocolate chip cookies so much I have to be careful not to make it too often! 😋