I love the convenience of bottled simmer sauces that are becoming available at the grocery stores. They are truly life savers for when you come home late from work and need something on the dinner table real quick. The trick is finding out which ones you like, which means trying out a few brands.
I’ve always been lucky with almost anything I get at Trader Joe’s. They’re reasonably priced and always delicious, but sometimes you get hooked but you can never get it again. I had some favorite cheeses and sauces that was not available anymore when I came back for more. Sad.
So if I see something I want to try, I usually buy a couple to start with. They do have expiration dates so I cannot really get a dozen or so as we will get tired of it if I cook it too often. 😊
So…this is my most recent find!
I’ll cook this with some cut up chicken, garlic, onions, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and a couple of bell peppers from the garden.
You can definitely eyeball the amounts and adjust anything to your taste.
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
Begin by preparing all of your ingredients. I used the following:
1-2 tablespoons oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 pound of chicken breast, cubed
1 big potato, peeled and diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 zucchini, trimmed and cut into half moons
A handful of mushrooms, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 bottle of Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Sauce
Freshly cooked rice and chopped cilantro, for serving
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté garlic and onions until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Next add the potatoes and carrots. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper.
4. Pour the curry sauce over. Fill the bottle halfway with water, cover and shake to get every last bit of the delicious sauce, open the bottle then pour contents into the pan.
5. Stir the mixture and cover with a lid. Lower heat to medium low and simmer until chicken and vegetables are done, around 10-20 minutes.
6. Serve over freshly cooked, hot rice. Top with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!