Delicious steamed bread in the ELB, done in about an hour or so, and enough for one, or two, or even three if you feel like sharing!
Made with only 6 ingredients, which I believe everyone has in their pantry, you could prep this before 5 pm and have fresh, hot rolls by around 6 pm! Perfect to serve with soup or stew!
Or make them in the morning for hot breakfast bread! Either way, I promise you a very tasty, soft, and delicious bread that you might want to make this often!
I like to use olive oil and enjoy the mild flavor in the finished bread, but feel free to use canola oil if you prefer a more neutral flavored bread.
You can also knead in some chopped rosemary, chopped olives, cheese cubes and jalapeños, or fill the dough rolls with whatever filling you like. I like an – red bean paste, ube – taro paste, cream cheese, cream cheese and strawberry jam, sliced Chinese sausage, Filipino Menudo, or Nutella. Make it your own!
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the ELB!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon instant yeast
3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, place water,
5. And yeast.
6. Mix everything together. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
7. This is what it’ll look like after 15 minutes.
8. Add flour and salt to the yeast mixture. Stir everything together until it forms a ball.
9. Knead for about 3 minutes, until the dough looks smooth.
10. It should look like this after kneading. Divide dough into 3 or 4 pieces. Roll into smooth balls and pinch seams.
11. This is how it would look like after shaping the dough into balls.
12. Spray the medium or large ELB bowl with nonstick spray.
13. Place the dough balls in the greased bowl, leaving space between them as they will puff up. Cover with foil and place on the ELB base. Add 2 ELB cups of water to the base, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
14. Turn the ELB on and let steam until done, about 30 – 35 minutes.
5. Carefully open the ELB and check bread for doneness. Add more water and steam longer if needed.
6. Enjoy the bread warm with butter and jam, soup, stew, or curry dinner!