Espresso muffin is one of my favorite treat, as are blueberry, cappuccino, and chocolate chip! I had been playing with recipes to make this just right – with the taste of coffee coming through strong and blending well with chocolate.
I used instant coffee at first but that didn’t taste like espresso so I purchased a jar of instant espresso powder. That made it taste better. Semi sweet chocolate chips plays well with the bitter coffee to round out the taste of this delicious muffin! Perfect to start your day right!
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup instant espresso coffee powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Combine flour, espresso, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, an vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the large bowl, fold just until mixture is evenly moistened. Do not over mix.
4. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5. Bake until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the muffin cup, 20-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan.
6. I like this still a bit warm for breakfast, with a cup of hot coffee or tea! Enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
These look delicious! The flavor combo has to be amazing! 🙂
Yes it is! I hope you try it! It is delicious!!❤️