A lovely variation to the previously posted recipe for Banana Cream Mochi https://athomewiththeresa.com/2021/01/11/electric-lunchbox-83-banana-cream-pudding-mochi/
After this experiment, I can say now that you can use any flavor pudding you like to make whatever flavor chichi dango you like! I am looking at chocolate 😋 but am still wondering if it’ll be chocolatey enough…one day I’ll try it!
In the meantime, try this Pistachio version. Mildly flavored but yummy nonetheless! Very pretty light green color too!
The pudding mix I got had little pieces of pistachio nuts in it. It was delicious but be careful if you have allergies in your household like we do.
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the ELB!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1/2 cup mochiko rice flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Pistachio flavored Instant Pudding
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
Katakuriko (potato starch) or kinako (roasted soybean flour)
3 ELB cup water to steam
1. Spray the medium or large ELB bowl with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, place rice flour,
4. Pistachio pudding mix. Mix.
5. Pour in water,
6. and mix until blended.
7. Pour mixture into the prepared bowl.
8. Cover with foil and place in the ELB base. Pour 3 ELB cups of water to the base. Cover and let steam until it shuts off, about an hour.
9. In the meantime, dust a plate with some katakuriko (potato stach), or corn starch.
10. Carefully open the ELB and check the mochi. It should look like it is pulling away from the sides of the bowl, and looks a little dry and set in the middle. Pour off any pooled water.
11. Run a knife along the edges to loosen the mochi. Invert onto the prepared plate and gently nudge it out using a rubber or silicone spatula.
12. Dust tops with more katakuriko or cornstarch.
13. Cut into bite sized pieces and roll in more katakuriko.
14. Cool completely and enjoy!