I didn’t realize a lot of you like Mochi as much as I do! Because of that, I’ll feature a few more Mochi recipes so you guys can make it at home!
These are called Chichi Dango, colorful, sometimes flavored, little pieces of chewy, yummy, rice-based Japanese sweets. It is made with sweet rice flour, sugar, water, pudding mix powder, and vanilla. After done, it will be super sticky so you roll it in kinako, which is toasted soy bean flour. If that is not available, use katakuriko – potato starch. If you still don’t have that, you can use tapioca or cornstarch.
I found some banana cream flavored instant pudding mix so I used that for this recipe. I hope you like this!
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the ELB!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1/2 cup mochico rice flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon instant banana cream pudding and pie filling
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
1/4 cup kinako, katakuriko, tapioca starch or cornstarch
1. Spray bowl with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, place mochiko,
4. Banana cream flavored instant pudding mix,
6. and vanilla paste.
7. Mix well until blended completely.
8. Pour mixture into prepared bowl. Cover with foil and place in the ELB. Add 3 ELB cups of water to the base, cover and let steam until it shuts off, about 1 hour.
9. Carefully open the ELB and check if the mochi is pulling from the edges and top looks dry. Sprinkle the top lightly with kinako or katakuriko .
10. Using a sturdy rubber or silicone spatula, run it around the edges of the mochi and then run it under to release it from the bowl. Invert onto a plate sprinkled with kinako or katakuriko.
11. Sprinkle top with more kinako or katakuriko.
12. Using a plastic knife, cut the mochi into bite sized pieces.
13. Dust with more kinako or katakuriko to prevent them from sticking to each other.
14. Serve and enjoy!