A heart healthy, low carb meal done in a few minutes, almost hands free, and delicious to boot! What’s not to like?
Salmon with veggies! My son has been asking for salmon lately and we have been going through it a lot.
I usually pan fry or oven roast but this time I tried a single serving in the ELB.
Delicious and pretty, this can be prepared in advance but make sure to keep it chilled until ready to cook as fish goes bad really quickly.
Hope you enjoy this meal!
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1 potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
1 salmon fillet, around 5-6 oz
Zest of 1 small lemon
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Place potatoes and zucchini in the bottom bowl, drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Mix them together.
2. Place salmon in top bowl, sprinkle with lemon zest and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Pour orange and lemon juice over salmon, then season with salt and pepper. Place on top of bottom bowl and cover with foil.
4. Place both bowls over the ELB base. Add 2 ELB cups of water to the base, cover and let steam until it shuts off, about 35 minutes.
5. Carefully open the ELB and check the fish for domestic. It should flake easily and look opaque throughout.
6. The potatoes and zucchini should be tender. If the fish or vegetables are not done, steam with 1/2 to 1 ELB cup of water until cooked through.
7. Serve salmon on top of the veggies. Enjoy!