Pumpkin infatuation not over yet! Happy Monday everyone!
I used chocolate cake mix for this as I adore chocolate BUT…
1. if you want a just a pumpkin spiced bread, feel free to use a yellow cake mix instead of the chocolate cake mix. AND…
2. if you want it super easy, and you have a Spice Cake mix handy, just mix with the pumpkin puree and omit the spices!
Of course chocolate chips are still recommend for either variation. 😊 I hope you like this easy to make cake! Enjoy!
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/
1 cup chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons chocolate chips, optional
3 ELB cups water
1. Grease large or medium ELB bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, oil and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
3. Stir in chocolate chips if using. pour batter into prepared bowl. Smooth top. Cover with foil and set on the ELB base.
4. Pour 3 ELB cups water in the base, cover and let steam until it shuts off, about an hour.
5. Carefully open ELB and remove bowl to a wire rack. Pierce with a toothpick to check if it is done. The toothpick should come out clean. If not, steam for a little more time.
6. Cool completely on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving dish.