Menudo is a staple dish in fiestas, birthday parties and everyday lunch and dinner in the Philippines. See my stovetop version and introduction here: https://athomewiththeresa.com/?s=Menudo
I make it a lot at home so, like most of my staple recipes, I decided to make an ELB version.
You can add peas, garbanzo beans, and pork liver if you want.
Like I always say, use my recipes as a guide and add more or less of any ingredient you like or not like. I do encourage you to try it my way at least once though. Then make your adjustment after you taste it.
Hope you’ll try it soon and as always, I hope you’ll like it!
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
200 grams pork, cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 hotdog, cut in half lengthwise and cut into small semi circles
1 tablespoon chopped onions
1 large tomato, diced finely (1/2 -3/4 cup)
1 potato, peeled and diced (about 1/2 cup or so)
5 baby carrots, diced (1/3 cup)
1/4 each of green and red bell peppers, diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon raisins
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon bouillon powder
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
3 ELB cups water in base
1. Season pork with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork, hotdogs, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, carrot, and bell peppers in the large ELB bowl.
3. Mix in tomato paste, fish sauce, raisins, water, bouillon powder, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Stir to mix.
4. Place bowl in the ELB base and add 3 ELB cups of water in the base. Cover and let steam until it shuts off, about 1 hour.
5. Carefully open the ELB and check the meat for doneness. Add more water to steam if necessary.
6. Serve hot and enjoy.
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/