Before COVID hit, my son and I regularly visit the local library and enjoyed checking out books and magazines. I love to read and was hoping my son would too, so even if I’m tired, just came from work, running on fumes before picking him up from school, I try to make it a point to enjoy the library days we have.
This recipe is one that I saw while thumbing through a Sunset Magazine, waiting for my son to select his books to check out. I often snap photos of recipes and my phone has more than 10,000 pictures that I need to sift through soon. My Fuji apple tree has some ripe fruits right now and I remembered this recipe, and just had to try it!
Lovely flavors, easy to make and just delicious! This will be a regular dessert in my home! I hope you try it as apples are in season and tastes really good right now!
1 1/2 pounds Fuji Apples
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar for dusting
Whipped cream, or ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. Cut apples in half, remove core and stems. Peel apples and slice into 1/4 inch slices crosswise. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and thickened, about 2 minutes. Lower speed and add cream and vanilla paste. Beat until blended.
4. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the bowl with wet ingredients and beat until combined.
5. Carefully stir in apples, coating and separating the slices with the batter. Pour into the prepared pan and level the batter in the pan.
6. Place the pan on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for about 1 hour, until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the rim to cool completely.
8. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve plain, or with whipped cream, or ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/