I wanted to make Japanese style mabo dofu but didn’t have some of the ingredients. No problem, I’ll make it Korean style!
You can definitely up the spice on this one if you want by adjusting the amount if gochugaru (red pepper flakes). I want to taste my food with a little spice but I’m not a fan of tasting ONLY hot and spicy 🌶!
If you prepare rice in the little bowl, you’ve got yourself a delicious meal with just a little time spent preparing it.
Hope you like it!
PS: I will post the Japanese style Mabo Dofu once I get all the ingredients I need!
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon gochugaru (use less (1/4 tsp) if you don’t want it too spicy)
1 teaspoon minced, dried onion
1/3 cup beef broth
1-2 teaspoons gochujang
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/3 cup ground beef
1/2 cup cubed tofu
Chopped green onions, for serving
3 ELB cups water in the base
1. Mix everything but the beef and tofu in the big or medium sized ELB bowl. mix well to blend all the flavors together and dissolve the cornstarch.
2. Add the beef and tofu and grntly stir to mix.
3. Place the bowl in the ELB base. * you can also prepare rice in the small bowl using 2 ELB cups rice, rinsed and drained with2 ELB cups water.
4. Add 3 ELB cups of water to the base, cover and let steam until it shuts off, about 1 hour.
5. Carefully open ELB, check food for doneness and adjust seasoning to taste.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/