I need to go to the grocery store today and as I was looking at my kitchen, I found a lonely banana that was spotted and a little too ripe for eating.
BUT there was just ONE banana! My usual banana bread recipe needs a full cup of mashed bananas which is usually 3-4 whole bananas.
So I went ahead and bought my groceries and realized that I did not have a banana bread recipe for the ELB! Perfect opportunity! I hope it turns out good so that I could post it!
1 small banana, mashed – over ripe is the best!
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon canola oil (you could use melted butter too!)
1 medium egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. In a small bowl, mix the mashed banana, brown sugar, canola oil, egg, and vanilla.
2. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir just until combined, do not overmix.
3. Grease or spray the medium or large ELB bowl. Pour batter in and cover with foil. Place in the ELB base.
4. Add 2 ELB cups water in the base, cover, and let steam until done, about 35 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the cover of the ELB and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done. If there is wet batter on the toothpick, add 1 ELB cup more water and steam again until done.
6. Cool for a few minutes, then run a knife along the edges. Invert onto a serving dish.
7. Ta-da! Happy to tell you guys that it worked – deliciously!! 😋 Enjoy!