It’s been sooooo hot in Southern California lately and although I love my muffins and breads, and other baked goods, I just do not want to turn the oven on. 🥵
I bought a turkey roaster to bake outdoors. I’m saving that for another story but with the ELB, I can make desserts in servings enough for my little family of 3.
Carrot cake in the ELB? Of course! By now, most of you know that I try a lot of desserts in the ELB, and carrot cake is my latest recipe.
Carrot cake it is! Serve this with the traditional cream cheese frosting if desired (click on this link for an easy recipe for the frosting- https://athomewiththeresa.com/2020/07/13/electric-lunchbox-28-red-velvet-cake/). My son and I love frostings, but my husband isn’t crazy for it so I left it out. Thinking back, I should’ve frosted 2/3 of the cake and left 1/3 bare. Next time! 😊
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki! See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny ELB cup, unless specified.*
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup grated carrot, packed
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and grated carrots.
2. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and walnuts. Stir just until blended, do not over mix.
3. Grease or spray the big bottom bowl of the ELB. Pour the batter in and cover with foil. Place in the ELB base. Add 3 ELB cups water to the base, cover, and let steam until it shits off, about 55 minutes.
4. Carefully open the ELB, remove the bowl and peel back the foil. Insert a skewer in the middle of the cake to check for doneness. If the skewer comes out clean, it’s done. If not, add 1/2 to 1 ELB cup of water more to the base and steam cake until done.
5. Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting if desired. Chill before serving.
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/At-Home-With-Theresa-100255438410727/