Chicken Parmesan with egg noodles in the electric lunchbox – another comfort food made easy!
My family loves pasta (so much for me trying to follow a low carb lifestyle!), so we usually have a pasta dish at least once two every weeks. But this recipe totally changes it. I can make one to two servings – depending on how willing someone is to share – very easily. My 11 year old son can even get this ready and cooked as there is no open fire to worry about.
I hope you guys try it and let me know how it was. 😊
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny Itaki cup, unless specified.*
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki! See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1/3 cup marinara sauce
80 grams wide egg noodles
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Cube the chicken breasts and sprinkle with garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix to distribute the spices evenly. Place in the small top bowl. Top with the parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. Set bowl aside.
2. In the big bottom bowl, place the egg noodles, the olive oil, and enough water to barely cover the noodles. Place this bowl in the electric lunchbox base. Place the bowl with chicken on top and cover with foil.
3. Place 3 Itaki cups water in the base, cover and steam until it shuts off, about 55 minutes.
Check chicken and pasta for doneness, adding water to the base as necessary.
4. When done, carefully open the lunchbox. Drain the pasta if any water remains in the bowl. Mix chicken and marinara sauce, adjust seasoning to taste and pour over pasta.
5. Top with mozzarella cheese and serve hot.