Another recipe request from Facebook that I was happy to make.
A plain vanilla cake is the perfect canvas for any flavor of sugar frosting you like, a chocolate ganache topping, or simply served with sweet fresh fruits or berries. Since I love chocolate frosting, I used a plain chocolate frosting.
Feel free to use any flavor that you like to customize it to your taste. Of course, we all know that sprinkles makes the cake look extra festive too!
This is perfect for a small celebration, as a sweet reward, or just to serve something sweet to end dinner!
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa
*NOTE that this recipe uses regular sized measuring cups, NOT the tiny Itaki cup, unless specified.*
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 Itaki cups water for the base
1. Whisk together the egg, sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and milk until blended. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined but do not over mix.
2. Spray the big Itaki bowl (or the medium Itaki Jumbo bowl) with nonstick spray.
3. Pour batter in and smooth top. Cover with foil and place in the electric lunchbox base.
4. Pour 3 Itaki cups of water in the base. Cover and let it steam until it shuts iff, about 55 minutes.
5. Carefully open the lunchbox and remove the bowl to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
6. Run a knife along the edge to release the cake. Invert onto a plate. Frost or serve with fruits or berries, as desired.