Broccoli and beef is one of those dishes that are easily recognizable as they are offered in popular Chinese fast food restaurants like Panda Express and Pick Up Sticks.
This is an easy recipe made for the Itaki. I added the cornstarch to the mixture so that it thickens the sauce as it cooks. Red bell pepper adds a pop of color and ups the vegetables in this delicious dish.
*Please note that the word “cup” in any of my electric lunchbox recipe refers to the little itaki cup included with the lunchbox. It holds 40ml.*
1. Place the following ingredients in the big ELB bowl:
100 – 150 grams beef, cut into thin strips
1/4 of a bell pepper, sliced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons soysauce
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons shao xing wine
Handful of broccoli florets
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2. In the top nesting bowl add the following:
2 cups short or medium grain rice, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
3. Place the small nesting bowl with rice on top of the big bowl with beef. Set them on the ELB base.
4. Add 2 cups water in the base.
5. Cover and let steam until it shuts off.
*It took about 38 minutes.*
6. Carefully open the ELB.
7. Check meat and rice for doneness.
8. Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Follow me for more recipes for the Itaki!
See and order Itaki’s offerings here! https://www.itakico.com/theresa