Happy birthday to me!! I am grateful for another year, family, friends, health, and food! And for today I will be sharing a recipe for Bacardi Rum Cake with you all!
This is one of my all time favorite cakes. I don’t drink alcohol but I do cook and bake with it. 😊 The smell emanating from the oven as this bakes is like no other. Totally mouthwatering!
This Bacardi Rum Cake is one of the several recipes I picked up from my wonderful coworkers while working at UCLA Brentwood. It was my then supervisor, Sandra Bovey’s recipe. It’s always a hit anywhere I bring it to, and I definitely could finish the whole cake if I’m not mindful of what I’m eating. It’s just so delicious. I have also read somewhere that you could use thick slices of this cake and make it into a decadent French Toast! Imagine that!
This recipe made it to both cookbooks that were put together by my coworkers so I believe I’m not the only one who loves this yummy, rummy cake.
I almost always have the ingredients on hand and I usually bring this to potlucks if I am short on time and want something that looks and tastes amazing. Use a beautifully patterned bundt cake pan and you got yourself a sure winner!
Bacardi Rum Cake
An easy to make, crowd pleasing moist rum cake.
For the cake:
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 (18.5oz) yellow cake mix
1 (3.75 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)
For the glaze:
1 stick (1/2cup) butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 – 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a 10-12 inch bundt pan. You can also generously spray with nonstick spray. Sprinkle in the chopped pecans or walnuts.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and rum until well blended. Pour over nuts in the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven to bake for about an hour.
- When done, place the cake on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in water and sugar and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter and drizzle with the hot glaze. Repeat until all the glaze is used up.