Hi there! Welcome to At Home with Theresa.
I was born in California and I love that fact about me. It makes me feel special while living in small town Indiana. Midwest living at it’s best. I am married to a good one. And mother to 3!
My mission to become a Stay at Home Mom
Once becoming a mother, I became passionate about being a stay at home mom all while being able to help provide for our family financially. It hasn’t always been easy but when you think outside the box you will find that there are many ways to make it happen.
Our journey on improving our finances and working to become debt free
When my husband, Garrett and I first married, we had very little debt. Oh how I wished we knew then what we know now! We quickly became average Americans living with debt and thinking that was completely normal. (unfortunately, living with debt is the new normal)
Then we discovered Dave Ramsey and we learned how to manage our money, make better decisions when making purchases and being content in life. Since then, we have been simplifying our lives little by little and began our journey on becoming debt free. We have a ways to go on our financial freedom journey but we are determined to get to our goal!
Living a simple and a balance life. Can one’s life be balanced? Yes! But I believe balance will look different for everyone. For me, its when I spend time working on my priories. I am a believer and I try to keep my walk with God at the top along with my marriage and mothering my children however, I will be talking mostly about the following topics on the blog: AtHomeWithTheresa
Making an income while being a SAHM
Improving finances, debt free living, simplifying your life
Managing the home front, organization
Exercising and taking better care of myself (more on this after the baby is born!)
If you hang around long enough, you will see that I really enjoy doing weekly meal plans. In fact, I would be pretty lost if I didn’t plan out meals for my family. And who doesn’t like to save a buck or two? Planning out our meals has really helped while we work to become debt free!
I like to post other ways we have save money and some of the temporary adjustments my family has made to help us reach our financial goals.
Plus, I am always trying to find ways to make our home functional yet organized (hello pinterest inspired posts!).
Annnd my new journey of becoming a healthier me!
Here’s 10 things I bet you didn’t know about me.
1. I’m an intervert! I get my energy when I am alone. It’s how I recharge my batteries. Get me around a large group of people for too long and I’m exhausted. Yep. Introvert at it’s best. I’ve learned a lot about personalities over the last few years and I’m so thankful for learning. I’ve been able to learn about myself and how others function.
2. I am 2 years older than my husband. Rocked the cradle, age is only a number…I’ve heard it all. We dated for a little bit in high school. I was a senior and he was a junior but should have been a sophomore!
3. Mexican/American. My mother is Mexican and my father is Irish. However, my ethnicity is often mistaken for mixed with African American.
4. I enjoy sports. I grew up playing sports and I continue to watch sports with my hubby. Go Cowboys! Bears (I married into that one) and Go Bulls.
5. I love TEXAS! I lived in Texas for about 6 years when I was a kid. And I still have family and friends that live in Texas. I have dreams of moving back to TX one day and maybe becoming neighbors with Chip and Joanna Gains 😉
6. Going out to eat is our thing. Garrett and I love love going out to eat. We did a lot of that while we dated. This will be a challenge for me while I try to become healthier and save money. EEkk!
7. The brother you didn’t know I have. It’s true. Most of my friends don’t know I have an older brother, he’s almost 12 years older than me. I also have a sister who is 7 years older than me.
8. I gave birth to all of my children naturally. I am so proud of myself that I was able to give birth 3 times with no medication. It was a goal of mine and I was able to accomplished it.
9. I played basketball in college.
10. I have a fear of deep water. I don’t like being in the ocean or lake when I can’t fully see what’s underneath me.