Hi there! Welcome to At Home with Theresa.
I was born in California and I love that fact about me. It makes me feel special while living in small town Indiana. Midwest living at it’s best. I am married to a good one. And mother to 3!
Living a simple and balance life. Can one’s life be balanced? Yes! But I believe balance will look different for everyone. For me, its when I spend time working on my priories. I am a believer and I try to keep my walk with God at the top along with my marriage and mothering my children.
At Home With Theresa, I will be talking mostly about the following topics that also help me to keep life running as smoothly as possible on the blog:
Managing the home – organizing one area at a time
Debt free living and managing finances
Simplifying Life – making daily life as simple as possible
Personal – a glimpse into my life
Here’s 10 things I bet you didn’t know about me.
1. I’m an intervert! I get my energy when I am alone. It’s how I recharge my batteries. Get me around a large group of people for too long and I’m exhausted. An introvert at it’s best.
2. I am 2 years older than my husband. Rocked the cradle, age is only a number…I’ve heard it all. We dated for a little bit in high school and reconnected during our college years and now we will be celebrating 11 years of marriage this summer.
3. Mexican/American. My mother is Mexican and my father is Irish. However, my ethnicity is often mistaken for mixed with African American. I have many interesting experiences because of it…
4. I enjoy sports. I grew up playing sports and I continue to watch sports with my hubby. Go Cowboys! Chicago Bears (I married into that one), Go Chicago Bulls & recently Chicago Cubs (I was just never that into the White Sox).
5. I love TEXAS! I lived in Texas for about 6 years when I was a kid. And I still have family and friends that live in Texas. I have dreams of moving back to TX one day and maybe becoming neighbors with Chip and Joanna Gains 😉
6. I love to travel. I hope to do more of it now as a family of 5!
7. The brother you didn’t know I have. It’s true. Most of my friends don’t know I have an older brother, he’s almost 12 years older than me. I just adore him and his family!
8. I gave birth to all of my children naturally. I am so proud of myself that I was able to give birth 3 times with no medication. It was a goal of mine and I am happy was able to accomplished it.
9. I played basketball in college.
10. I have a fear of deep water. I don’t like being in the ocean or lake when I can’t fully see what’s underneath me.
I just don’t like it.